Meditation To Help Insomnia.
Problems falling asleep at night can effect many people, whether it is due to stress, anxiety or chronic fatigue.
Insomnia can rob us of our health and well being.
Lack of sleep can mean we experience impaired concentration and memory, reduced productivity and increased likelihood of accidents.
Sleep is the antidote to illness and if you have trouble falling or staying asleep at night here are few tip and meditation to help you get the rest you need!
- establish a regular bedtime and wake up time.
- practice yoga regularly but avoid vigorous exercise too close to bedtime.
- avoid caffeinated drinks close to bedtime.
Meditation To Help Insomnia:
Practice this guided imagery meditation for a few minutes in bed each night, ideally for a total of seven nights.
Use it as a tool to retrain your mind and body to let go of stress at the end of the day.
- Settle into a comfortable position in your bed and breathe slowly and deeply, during each breath, silently repeat the mantra “sleep comes easy now”
- Scan your body with your mind’s eye beginning at the top of your head, continuing all the way down to your toes. As you scan your body, allow your eyelids, skin and muscles to feel heavy.? Let your breath to be soft and gentle now.
- If you feel tension in some parts of your body, silently repeat a mantra for each tensed body part. For example, repeat “my shoulders are heavy”, if you feel tension in your shoulders, and so on.
- Now, with your eyes closed and your awareness turned inward, notice the effect of gravity on your body. Let the Earth’s pull increase the sense of heaviness you are feeling.? Let this heaviness settle deeply into your bones. You can repeat a mantra “my bones are becoming heavier and heavier with each exhalation”.? Continue to repeat this mantra for up to ten deep breaths.
- Imagine your bones are being pulled all the way down to the Earth.? Allow your bones to feel so heavy, that it requires little or no effort to relax the muscles around them.? Let go into deep state of relaxation, and let your mind focus on and remember this feeling.
After a week of practice, notice mental tensions disappearing as your body recalls its innate state of deep relaxation. It will be much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night.
I hope you will enjoy this meditation to help insomnia. For more inspiration visit our website: https://121personaltraining.com/prices
Call us today on 07881884738 to arrange your 121 yoga trial session and learn how to practice safely to reduce stress, increase strength and flexibility.