How To Do Warrior II ?Yoga Pose
Warrior II is a standing yoga pose that enhances strength, stability, and concentration.
This is a deep hip-opening pose that strengthens the muscles in the thighs and buttocks. ?It tones the abdomen, ankles, and arches of the feet. ?This pose also opens the chest and shoulders, improving breathing capacity and increasing circulation throughout the body. ?It is also known to be therapeutic for flat feet, sciatica, infertility, and osteoporosis.
Do not practice Warrior II if you have a recent hip, knee, or shoulder injury. ?Always work within your own range of limits and abilities. ?If you have any medical concerns, talk with your doctor before practicing yoga.
1. Begin in?Mountain Pose standing with your feet hip-distance apart and your arms at your sides.?With an exhalation, step or lightly jump your feet 3 1/2 to 4 feet apart. ?Raise your arms parallel to the floor and reach them actively out to the sides, shoulder blades wide, palms down.
2. Turn your right foot slightly to the right and your left foot out to the left 90 degrees. ?Align the left heel with the right heel.
3. Exhale and bend your left knee over the left ankle, if possible, bring the left thigh parallel to the floor. ?Anchor this movement of the left knee by strengthening the right leg and pressing the outer right heel firmly to the floor.
4. Stretch the arms away from the ears. ?Don?t lean the torso over the left thigh: keep the sides of the torso equally long and the shoulders directly over the hips. ?Turn the head to the left and look out over the middle finger
5. Hold for up to one minute, with attention to balancing the weight equally with both feet, and finding stillness in the pose by concentrating on the breath while holding the pose.
6. To release, inhale as you press down through your back foot and straighten your front leg. ?Lower your arms. ?Turn to the left, reversing the position of your feet, and repeat for the same length of time on the opposite side.
Now you know how to do Warrior II yoga pose!
Warrior II can be an effective way to build a feeling of inner strength and power. ?As you practice this pose on a regular basis, you will grow in your ability to face daily battles with ease and grace.
How to Do Warrior II Yoga Pose – hatha yoga southfields
Go to 121personaltraining.com to check our prices and latest promotions.
We look forward to working with you.
Call us today on 07881 884 738 to arrange your trial yoga lesson at home.
121personaltraining.com – how to do warrior II yoga pose private classes in putney, wandworth, wimbledon, southfields, fulham.