Easy ways to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Use veggies as base for everything and serve all your main courses over vegetables, for example grilled fish on a bed of sautéed kale seasoned with curry powder.
- Add vegetables to your smoothies, for example add a handful of kale or spinach to a fruits smoothie. You can also add an avocado, which makes the smoothie really creamy.
- Always snack with fruit or vegetable. For example if you want some yogurt, have some berries with it.
- Load your sandwiches. Add diced bell peppers, onions, shredded cabbage, avocado or apple.
- Eat vegetables for breakfast. For example stir some spinach, kale or tomatoes in your scrambled eggs.
- Look to other cultures for inspiration. Asian and Indian cuisines are rich in fruits and vegetables.