Spring Detox Tips
Spring detox tips – yoga and nutrition services in Wimbledon, Putney, Wandsworth, Fulham and Southfields.
Detoxing helps our bodies cope with toxins and stress which are an unavoidable part of modern day life. Boosting the detoxification system helps bring the body back into balance.
Detoxification is what your body does naturally to neutralize, transform or get rid of unwanted materials or toxins. It is a primary function of the body, constantly working and interacting with all other functions of the body.
It is about improving and optimizing the function of your body’s own detoxification systems. This is done by decreasing the amount of toxins we put into our bodies while at the same time supporting our body’s detoxification and elimination systems with the nutrients and activities it needs to function properly.
Holistic Spring Detox Tips
- Cleanse your diet. As we shift into a spring season we naturally want to eat lighter.
- You should include more leafy greens, drinking cleansing soups and reducing heavy foods like fried foods, dairy, grains, sugar, red meat.
- Include every day herbal teas like nettle, fennel, mint and camomile. They are slightly diuretic and help to flash out toxins.
- Eat more yellow foods like raw lemons. they boost the immune system but also aid in digestion and help cleanse the liver. My tip: blend whole lemon in your morning smoothie, lemon should be unwaxed and well washed.
- Cleanse your body.
- Move and twist your body to get the energy flowing at the start of your day. Do yoga at home and include yoga twists, they stimulate circulation and improve digestion. Make sure before move into any twisting pose that you extend your spine by lengthening through the crown of the head, so when you inhale you elongate and on the exhale you relax deeper into the twist.
- Take Epsom salt baths. They activate fluid movement in the tissues and increase perspiration. The sulphur component of the salts are an excellent detoxifying agent. This bath also relaxes your muscles and is great after a workout or a long day.
- Get more sleep. Try to be in bed before 10 pm latest when cleansing. Give yourself a gentle foot massage before bed to ground your energy and help you sleep.
- Cleanse your clutter. Creating space to reflect is the important step to detox your current patterns and create a new habits.
- cleanse your home. Whenever you can, open the windows. In the city certain air pollutants tend to be at their lowest level in the morning, so if you live in the big city you should open window first in the morning and then close them up around 3 pm.
- switch from standard cleaning products to cleaner and greener ones.
4 . Cleanse your thoughts.
- Use mantras. Mantras are like medicine for the soul. When we select a word or series of words to repeat in the form of a mantra, we are affirming it to ourselves and allowing its meaning to our subconscious; helping to shift our negative thinking and habits into positive ones.
I hope that my spring detox tips will help you to start the new season with more energy!
Contact us at 121personaltraining.com for more information about our personal training, yoga and nutrition at home services.
No contracts – no sign up fees – flexible payment terms – available seven days a week.
Call us today on 07881 884 738 to discuss your specific requirements and arrange your trial session!
Train with your friend or a family member at no extra cost!