HOW TO STAY HEALTHY OVER CHRISTMAS
There is no question that the festive season can be very stressful between the shopping and the parties, plus work and everyday life.
We are all guilty of straying from our healthy goals over Christmas, so making a healthy holiday habits list and trying to do at least two or three of them is the way to go.
Here are my few tips to include in your list to keep your health on track over festive season:
- Have your green smoothie in the morning. The more you fill yourself with good nutrients the less craving you will have for junk food or unhealthy snacks later in the day.
- Fill up with vegetables. If you are at a party, try to start with veggie salads to reduce the temptation to over-indulge on the processed foods and sweets.
- Get walking. Try walking as much as you can. Take your dog for a walk, or take an after lunch stroll with family members or a friend.
- Take breathing breaks. Make the time for them, even if it’s only 5 minutes, as it will invigorate you.
- Do some yoga to help recharge your energy. Try to include few of energising backbends like Locust pose.
- Get a good sleep. Holiday celebrations can often disrupt regular sleep patterns. Try to get to sleep at the same time every night. Avoid heavy foods, sugary sweets and too much alcohol before bedtime as these can disturb your sleep.
- Be thankful. It is always good to put things in perspective and realise how lucky you are that your basic needs are being met and that you are actually able to celebrate the way you can.
- Have fun and enjoy!
121personaltraining.com – How to stay healthy over Christmas – personal training and private yoga lessons in London.