How To Get Fit
Here are my tips for how to get fit by starting up and sticking with an exercise routine, no matter how crazy-busy you are:
1. Slow down a bit and take care of yourself .
Start with a few moments of deep breathing or meditation to prepare your body-mind for action.
2. Get support – working out is often more effective with a friend, training partner or personal trainer.
So why not use the help of a friend, join a sporting team or hire the help of a health professional. Have someone in your corner who has your best interests at heart. Personal trainers have also long been proven to be a very effective at helping people stay fit and healthy. I often hear from clients that ‘I probably wouldn’t have trained today unless we had this appointment’. The other thing a health coach or trainer will provide is making sure your values are in line with your actions.
3. Don’t expect perfection.
Give yourself a break. Make the decision to be kinder to yourself. Expect and embrace imperfection.
4. Create a goal around changing just one habit at a time.
For instance, you might feel you need to lose a little bit of weight, so set one specific goal around this. For example: eating three different colours of vegetables for lunch, walking for 30 minutes every morning or drinking one litre of water everyday.
5. Consistency over intensity. Instead of committing to doing workouts five times/week for an hour, what if you started with 10 minutes of movement tomorrow morning and 10 minutes of movement tomorrow afternoon? Give yourself permission to set very small goals.
6. Find movement you love and enjoy the journey.
There are plenty ways to move your body. Why waste your time and energy with a form of exercise you hate? Find movement that’s fun and feels great. Then, it will be something you look forward to instead of feeling like it’s a chore. Don’t expect results straight away. Good things take time. If you enjoy the workouts you do, you are much more likely to stick to it and be on your way to a healthier, happier and fitter you.
Contact us at 121personaltraining.com if you are based in SW London and need help kick-starting your fitness regime.
Our team of friendly personal trainers and yoga teachers will show you the best ways how to get fit and stay fit.
121personaltraining.com – how to get fit.